|Placed in Pla de Teia.
Village’s church since 1752.
Sant Moí’s house and chapel (Pre-romanesque chapel
Documented from the earlier XIIIth Century, was built at the ending of 10th Century. Both, house and chapel are placed in Western Ter and closed to La Farga de Bebié, in Ripollès.
Currently, all this area belongs to the Park of Montesquiu’s Castle.
Farming houses and centennial manor-houses
Next farming houses stand out because of their architecture: Clarella, Xicoi and Ferrers.
Molí de Mir
Ruins of Besora’s castle
aced in a rock’s breakwater, at 1092m altitude, the castle has been the ancient link between villages that conform El Bisaura, excepting Vidrà (under Milany’s castle protection) and Sora (below Duocastella’s castle domain)|
It was known since the year 875, when count Guifré el Pilós transferred parishes of Santa Maria and Sant Quirze, to monastery of Sant Joan de les Abadesses as a his daughter Emma’s endowment.
Ruins of Romanesque church of Santa Maria
Consacred in 898 by bishop Gotmar requested by Emma, daughter of Guifré el Pilós and abbess of monastery of Sant Joan de les Abadesses. The church was rebuilt in 11th century under the castle’s protection. It detaches an interesting quadrangular shaped bell-tower with three floors and the porch, probably built in 12th Century.
It was the village’s parish, placed next to the castle until year 1752 when current church was built.
Bufadors’ mountain range and Els Bufadors de Beví
|About Bufadors’ mountain range, we can see at one side, the shady place of European Beech and European Box
and from the other side, beautiful views. You can also see from there: Bellmunt, Santa Maria de Besora, Besora’s castle, Montesquiu’ castle and Sanctuary dels Munts. Els Bufadors are, firstly, a beautiful place and a fragile ecosystem that requires all care. |
Holes in the soil, take step to many cavities from where we felt some cold air if we approach our mouths. Sometimes one can feel how air whistles inside: The name of Bufadors
(blowers) came from this. Many principal holes have been explored by speleologists but the instable terrain and the danger that it represents, they have done disappear the speleological interest.
A cavern (bauma
or bauma) is a natural cavity in a rock, derivated from its erosion; it can have entrances of tens of meters but with less deepness than a cave. Often they were inhabited by not-wealthy farmers. In Ripoll, next to Santa Maria de Besora’s territory, we find more of them: Fleus, la Baumassa and del Teixidor’s one. Teixidor was the last inhabited cavern, until the 40ies.
Hermit of Sant Salvador del Prat
Romanesque hermit belonged to Mas del Prat. It has small dimensions and it is rounded by grass.
Annex of Trekking path Camí vora Ter GR-210
Annex of the GR 210 Long distance trekking path, of 60 km. approx. and that follows the river Ter. One of its annexes takes us to Santa Maria de Besora. It invites us to discover not only flora and fauna’s patrimony but also the cultural and industrial.
Annexes would be: Sender dels tres Castells and Sender de Sant Moí.
Trekking path Sender Central de Catalunya GR- 3
|Santa Maria de Besora Council|
Pl. Ajuntament s/n.
08589 Santa Maria de Besora
Tel. (+34) 93 855 09 76/ 93 855 09 76
Village owned to El Bisaura, Southern faced, sunny and quiet, it is placed in Pla de Teia, below a hill where there lie the ruins of Besora’s castle and of Sta. Maria’s Romanesque church, which was consecrated in 898. Current village belonged to Besora’s castle territory.
Santa Maria de Besora belonged to Sant Quirze de Besora’s municipality until 1789, year of the segregation.
Currently, despite of there is a saw-mill; economical activity is agriculture and cattle raising. Although there are some intensive pork farms not so big, it prevails extensive cow and sheep cattle raising.